Saturday, July 17, 2010

T-TRIP to Nagano!

Nagano is TRULY TERRIFIC. I stayed on the grounds of the Zenko-ji TEMPLE, on these TATAMI mats.


But even the power of the TEMPLE couldn't save me from the storm clouds of TSUYU, or rainy season.


The TREES on the temple grounds seem other-worldly.


Did you want to see TREES? How about this line of cedar trees in TOGAKUSHI?


Or these TREES on the path to the Snow Monkey Park.


What? Did I mention snow monkeys? I kept trying to heed the warning and not make eye contact with the monkeys, but I'd be walking on a bridge and one would just pop out in front of me or, as you can see, one ran under my bench. (And yes, we really were that close to the famous snow monkeys who bathe in a hot spring.)




I love the mountains! What do I love most? The mountain range?


A mountain stream?


Or a mountain lake? (How about this one called mirror lake?)


Oh...and some icing on the cake: My favorite flower was in bloom!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm in love with Nagano too! I miss you and can't wait for you to get home. Let's plant a hydrangea bush in your yard to remember this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful. I always thought tatami mats were for yoga only, I never realized they are for sleeping too ... well, are they:)?

    ReplyDelete