Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week 46: T

Happy Anniversary, M and D -- 45 years!!

How can you think of Nagoya without thinking of beleaguered TOYOTA?  On our tour of the Toyota factory, we saw this robot playing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" on his automated TRUMPET.


TORI, TORI, TORI! (or maybe it was TORA! TORA! TORA!?) TORII are traditional Japanese gates found at the entrance to Shinto shrines.

Still my favorite, the floating torii in Miyajima.


Then, there are the famous lines of torii gates at the Inari shrine near Kyoto.




But, I'm happy with my simple tori gate at the shrine near my school.


TOILET seat, heated. After the filth of the bathrooms in my school in China, it was a pleasant surprise to land on heated toilet seats in the bathrooms at our university. I still feel weird walking into the bathroom with a camera, so I don't have a photo for you, but let me assure you that it is one high-tech masterpiece. My favorite element is the courtesy flush -- you push the button and it makes the noise of a flush to cover up any other noises emanating from the stall. Very proper.

Just TWO weeks until I return home!

No comments:

Post a Comment