Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some things I miss from home

Some things I miss from home:

Paper towels with perforations.



Double-paned windows. This ice is on the INSIDE of my bedroom window.



The smell of brewing coffee.
Recycling. I can barely live with the guilt.

Not eating off of cutesy dishes. In fact, I really miss not having to see cutesy things all the time. Hello, Kitty? How about Goodbye, Kitty??




Not having to boil water just to wash my strawberries or to wash the dishes.
Being able to say "stop" when the bus driver goes past my stop.
News about Jon and Kate...uh, not really.

Enjoy the special things, even if you don't think they're special.

2 comments:

  1. Weird to see that you posted this at 11:49 a.m....tomorrow.
    And you've got to be kidding me about those paper towels. That's deranged. A quick trip to the loony bins.
    I remember those same windows from my dorm room in Bologna. Depressed the hell out of me. You have the winter blahs?
    Hey! Where's "S"?
    Forza, signorina! (this is what an old man yelled to me as I was running for the bus the first time I was in Italy--it helped!)
    Edited to add that my captcha "word" is "sessia". Sexay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this entire post made me burst out laughing. it's a tough choice, but i think your papertowel angst tops the post, and the iced window and goodbye kitty tie for a very close second. we used to have windows like that in minneapolis. sucked. and as for that popcorn bag? that made me laugh just as hard because i'm no longer seeing popcorn on that bag. maybe that's why they were selling them for only a dollar?

    as for the lack of brewing coffee, that makes me want to WEEP. i couldn't imagine.

    p.s. as soon as we get out of this deep thaw i'm going to take pictures of that gold mine on missouri. what a find!

    ReplyDelete