Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week 24: X

**I reserve the right to return to X after I have been to Xi'an, the home of the Terracotta Army. I'll be there from March 1-3.**

In the meantime, a reminder of what relatively warm weather looked like at XINGHAI PARK in September. Just a 15-minute walk from my house, it is also the home of carnival rides, a zip line, bungee jumping, shell trinkets, an acquarium, and the slightly-creepy Asia Sun Polar World.


It's also where a colleague had this picture taken .... and, yes, I completely regret that I didn't put on the empress gear and have my photo taken as well.


Next to Xinghai Park is XINGHAI SQUARE. As I've been told about 50 times, it is the biggest square in all of China. In China, big=good. The easiest way to make our Chinese students lose respect for England is to have them look for it on a map. When they see how small it is, they are aghast.

[Photo source: bbker.com]


XIE XIE. It's hard to pronounce, but this is "thank you" in Chinese. I think I do okay with hello (ni hao) and goodbye (zai jian), but thank you is a killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment