Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 26: Z

ZEBRA:  Can you believe that in all my years I had never realized that my name is just one letter off from zebra? Well, my students did immediately...and they find that fact hilarious!  The really bold ones even write "Zebra" as the teacher's name on tests.  Here's my namesake at the ZOO (did I mention that there is really close access to the animals there?):


ZAI JIAN (Goodbye)! It's time to bid farewell to China. It's my last full week here. I met a lot of great people, visited many beautiful places, saw a lot of fascinating things, expanded my palate, learned a little bit about myself and the Far East, and overall had a wonderful experience.

Oh, if only you could have heard the hip-hop music playing while these ladies were dancing in the park one morning! Let's pretend that they are waving goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Darling Ze-er... uh... Debra (that's it!),

    I am the saddest person in the world knowing that you will be leaving soon. What will I do without you!? Who will I gossip with? Who will calm my fears about being stuck working with a bunch of imbeciles in the future? Who will teach me new English words that I forget within 2 minutes? Who will make me smile when I'm having a bad day? And who will be the teacher that I don't have complaints about or from constantly?

    Most importantly, who won't argue with me about how to say a Chinese word and make tone hand gestures and head movements because we can't do the second or third tones?

    I'm very sad you are going but I'm so glad I got to meet you!

    Zai Jian Lu Lan. 再见陆兰 :(

    ReplyDelete