Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Peace Night!

Happy Peace Night! I was asking what all the apples and pears wrapped in cellophane were for that I had been seeing in the streets, and the Chinese Teacher looked at me funny. "They are to celebrate your Peace Night." "What?" "Your Peace Night, on the night before Christmas some people give pears and apples to their friends." So, they've appropriated Christmas as a fun (cool, because it is Western) holiday and made it their own. I like the name, though. I hope it is a happy Peace Night for everyone.



Here is what our boss gave us for Peace Night. So lovely, and so easy to pack! If it is the thought that counts, you kind of have to wonder what the thought was!


1 comment:

  1. i absolutely love this idea! i think we should start celebrating peace night!

    ReplyDelete