Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Week 18: R

r u kidding me? We're up to R already?



ROCKS: Love the rocks on the "beach." (By the way, we've been trying to teach some Chinese people how to appropriately use air quotes, and the results have been hilarious. I think it might be one of those things that doesn't translate well.) My rock collection grows bigger every week. I hope that the people who have the apartment after us appreciate it.

ROOSTER: (No, not a picture of the dead rooster on the sidewalk.) I'm the year of the rooster, which means I like attention (which could explain why I have a blog??).  After Spring Festival (Chinese New Year -- February 14 this year) it will be the year of the Tiger.



RED LANTERNS: These giant red lanterns were in RENMIN Square (People's Square). They tell me that in the summer here in Dalian people put candles in red lanterns and float them out to sea. It must be a beautiful sight.


1 comment:

  1. Roosters are attention seekers, eh?
    Riddle me this. What does it mean that I'm a Dragon with a Monkey Kid, a Monkey Husband, and the biodad of my kid was also a Monkey (12 years younger than DH)? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete