Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!



The Christmas decorations are a little lacking in atheist China, but I thought that this mother and child would do the trick. Best wishes for a joyous holiday and a wonderful new year!

The other day we were talking about the movie The Scent of a Woman. Has anyone seen it? Jerry was sure that Al Pacino danced the foxtrot in that movie. (He won the Oscar for it, didn’t he?) My friend, Sierra, on the other hand, was sure that it was the tango. I don’t know. Can any of you echo Jerry on this one? All I could remember from the film was Chris O’Donnell. I wanted him to be my own Romeo.

I’ve been reliving some of my Christmas memories lately. A vivid memory was driving to the downtown airport and meeting Mema and Pappy as they got off 4232 Charlie. Of course, when I was little, I couldn’t understand who this Charlie guy was. Then, someone explained to me that in the NATO phonetic alphabet "Charlie" actually stood for the letter "C." You can find all of the words in the phonetic alphabet here, if you are interested in it.

Over the last few years our family has enjoyed a tradition of partaking in a scavenger hunt/road race throughout the city. This year, the men in the family are going to head out to explore the spirit of giving. I guess they’ll need to know the name of the street they are heading to first, huh? I wonder if their aunt would embed a clue in her blog for them?? I know my Uncle Ed would get it, and I'm positive my Uncle Tom would get it. Happy racing, guys. I'll miss all the fun this year!

5 comments:

  1. Deb: Thanks for hiding the clue in your Christmas Day blog! It didn't take the boys long to figure out to check the phonetic alphabet against your paragraph. (Mom and I thought it would take longer, but they are always smarter than we think!)

    It's too bad that we were snowed in and couldn't run our race all over town. Thanks for sending the other scavenger/game ideas to help our Christmas Day tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely sculpture! i hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. warm wishes! a scavenger hunt sounds like so much fun! besos! p.s. it was the tango:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clue was FOSTER (foxtrot, oscar, sienna, tango, echo, romeo).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, Miss Debra! Hope your family figured out alternate ways for fun given La Tormenta Gigante del 2009!

    ReplyDelete