Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 29: More C's

The newspaper columnist Beppe Severgnini wrote about his experiences living in the US in his book Ciao, America. He observed that one of the 50 reasons to love America is its cemeteries that are more like parks than resting places for the dead. Well, compared to Italian CIMITERI, what do you think?

CANESTRELLI (a specialty of this town) made of CIOCCOLATO.  I have made myself so sick on these in the past that you would think that I wouldn't want to eat them anymore, but when I walked into the bakery this morning and smelled them, I just couldn't resist.


COLORI PRIMAVERILI: Even though snow is predicted for this weekend, you can still find some signs of spring around the town.


Can't have a C week in Italy without CAFFE'!  This is a nifty little coffeemaker that makes bar-like coffee (you get the best coffee in bars), but this coffeemaker is small enough that you can have it in an office.  (Sorry, I can't flip the picture on the computer I'm working on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment